National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- Use the full range of NASA satellite observations, modeling/analysis capabilities, and commercial off-the-shelf technologies to establish the accuracy, quantitative uncertainties, and utility of products for supporting national and international policy, regulatory, and management activities.
- Prototype the development of carbon Monitoring Reporting and Verification [MRV] systems which can provide transparent data products achieving levels of precision and accuracy required by current carbon trading protocols.
- Harness unique capabilities of NASA centers and the NASA-funded investigator community, making use of competitive peer review wherever possible.
- Rapidly initiate generation and distribution of products, both for evaluation and to inform near-term policy development and planning.
- Engage with, and contribute to, related U.S. and international stakeholders and agencies.